Learn how to build a house from scratch!
If you are curious about how a real house is built, come to our workshop: you will learn to assemble a scaled model tiny house (approx. 60 x 60 cm – ground size) with real parts, following the exact criteria of a real life house!
Here’s what you will learn:
- Learn to identify all parts that are involved in a real house
- Understand the operating principles of most structural criteria involved
- Learn to discern between wood-built and brick-built houses
- Assemble from scratch a tiny house (each kid will work on his/her own) using real concrete/timber/screws/glue in a total safe and full of fun environment
- Learn useful skills that can be handy at any moment: triggering kids’ curiosity to a creative approach/basic home repairing/engaging brain in designing different styles
When: Saturday 27 August, 10:00 to 16:00
Where: Harrietville Community Hall
Each kids is invited to bring his/her own snack, as we will take different breaks during workshop.
FAQ 1: I am not a kid: can I participate? YES, sure
FAQ 2: Do I have to book? Yes, booking is required. Also attend the event 10 minutes earlier, thank you!
FAQ 3: Is this event going to be dangerous? NO-WAY: the event purpose is just to illustrate basic engineering principles in a practical way. No dangerous powertool be handled by any kid – No tool will be allowed to be operated by any kid unsupervised
FAQ 4: Can parents attend/supervise/help during the workshop? SURE! They are welcome
Workshop will be professionally conducted by Fabio Zambelli, Italian artist and builder.
Discover more projects here